Job Opportunities at the
The North Texas Community Foundation is a nonprofit, public charity established in 1981 by local community leaders. We are a collection of more than 260 different charitable funds totaling more than $260 million in assets, each separately accounted for, and each with its own design and purpose.
We strive to strengthen the community through civic leadership and to encourage philanthropy by providing community knowledge and reliable stewardship to those who wish to fulfill their charitable goals in a meaningful way—either during or beyond their lifetimes. Our vision is to lead and inspire powerful and rewarding philanthropy that improves the quality of life and the prosperity of our region.
The Finance Assistant position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and requires an interest in finance with some accounting knowledge.
The Role of NTxCF Finance Assistant
NTxCF is seeking a permanent, part-time Finance Assistant. Days and hours are flexible – approximately 20-25 hours a week. The position is responsible for various accounting, financial reporting and analysis, and records management. The position provides competitive compensation, retirement, vacation and sick time, life and long-term disability insurance. The ideal candidate possesses the following nonprofit accounting experience:
- Process and account for daily cash receipts, bank deposits
- Accounts payable
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Fixed asset record maintenance
- General ledger and subsidiary ledger reconciliation
Skills and Competencies
- Must have a high level of integrity. Will have access to confidential information.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate financial records and report in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Has knowledge and understanding of accounting process and impact on financial statements.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, accounting or commensurate experience.
- Basic bookkeeping skills and ten-key by touch.
- Experience in a non-profit environment a plus.
- Experience in an integrated financial database a plus.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to:
Stan Ninemire at email@example.com
Resume should include job experience, educational background and software experience.
For more information about the North Texas Community Foundation, visit www.northtexascf.org