Our mission is to serve philanthropists and charitable givers like you and enhance the wellbeing of Fort Worth and North Texas while leading productive change for our community now and the future.
The North Texas Community Foundation is a permanent collection of charitable funds supported by donors. For thirty-five years, the Community Foundation has promoted responsible charitable giving in order to build a better community. We serve an 11 county region — Tarrant, Young, Jack, Wise, Denton, Parker, Hood, Johnson, Somervell, Bosque, and Hill counties representing fundholders from around the country. The one thing that they all have in common is a love for North Texas and a heart to give charitably to ensure its success as a living asset for our community now, 10, 25, and 150 years in the future.
With assets of more than $230 million, we are in the top decile of nearly 750 community foundations nationwide. In 2016, the Community Foundation ranked by our current fund holders as number one in donor satisfaction among community foundations surveyed by The Center for Effective Philanthropy.
At our core, the Community Foundation does three things.
1. We administer funds and offer personalized service.
- Enable flexible personal and family philanthropy that allows for growth, with investment expertise and maximum tax benefits.
- Accept a wide variety of assets.
- Help donors create funds and provide knowledge on effective local grant opportunities.
2. We connect donor passions with community needs.
- Build endowment to benefit current and future community needs.
- Fund high-impact initiatives.
- Foster greater giving and volunteerism.
3. We convene community leaders.
- Bring together diverse voices; encourage collaboration among other funders, giving groups and nonprofits to increase impact.
- Provide and collect expertise on local issues by acquiring deep knowledge of needs, gaps, and programs of excellence.
- Recruit strong leaders with community passions.
Through all of these endeavors, our ultimate goal is to improve lives, from donors who want to accomplish something great to individuals and organizations that benefit from the grants we make and scholarships we award.