Ways Your Clients Can Fulfill Charitable Giving
Flexibility is one of the biggest benefits of working with the North Texas Community Foundation. Together, we can help your clients select the fund option that best fulfills their charitable intent.
A variety of fund structures are available that:
- Enables donors to impact the most pressing needs of our community with the flexibility to respond as those needs change over time. Funds without restriction offer the broadest options for charitable giving in our community – and therefore bring about the greatest good. These funds allow the Community Foundation to target dollars toward the community’s most pressing needs – even as those needs change over time. An unrestricted fund is named by or for the donor. A sustainable percentage of the fund’s balance is granted each year to charities selected by the governing board of the Community Foundation. Donors leave a permanent legacy that can adjust over time as the needs of North Texas change. These funds also empower the Community Foundation to respond to emergencies, which require flexible funding.
- Enables donors to identify a particular interest or issue. These funds are created by donors who want to support a specific cause, such as cancer treatment, education, arts, youth services or any other concern. The Community Foundation awards grants to high-performing organizations or programs in the selected field. For a sample Field of Interest Fund agreement, click here.
- Enables donors to stay actively involved in their grantmaking. Some donors wish to support multiple organizations and programs throughout the year. The Community Foundation can help them identify nonprofits and programs, ensure their charitable status, and provide grantmaking and administrative support. These funds are ideal for families, individuals and groups who want to stay actively involved with their grantmaking. It offers an immediate tax benefit while allowing your client to make grants over time to their favorite nonprofit organizations. For a sample Donor Advised Fund agreement, click here.
- Enables donors to designate specific charitable organizations to be supported. Grants from these funds provide a reliable annual income stream to one or more of a donor’s favorite organizations in perpetuity. If the charity ceases to exist, another charity serving the same needs will benefit from the endowment. For a sample Designated Fund agreement, click here.
- Enables donors to benefit a particular school or field of study. Donors can assist students pursuing education and help set eligibility criteria for selecting annual scholarship recipients.
- Enables donors to support a regional area of emphasis. Experts at the Community Foundation continually monitor the regional landscape to identify key concerns. These issues can become the focus of an annual grant cycle to which donors can contribute. To learn more about ToolBox Grants, click here.
Funds can be established utilizing a variety of assets. Click here to learn more.
To learn more, please contact Nancy Webb, Director of Philanthropic Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.877.0702.