North Texas Giving Day 2018
Join us for this year's Tarrant County Philanthro-PARTY!
The North Texas Community Foundation, in partnership with Communities Foundation of Texas, invite you and more than 600 nonprofit organizations to attend a free event at Shipping & Receiving on Wednesday, September 19th. We’re hopeful that hosting this event the evening BEFORE North Texas Giving Day will increase attention and excitement for you and your donors. Find details about the event below!
Wednesday, September 19
5:30 – 8:30 PM
Shipping & Receiving
201 S. Calhoun Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Enjoy a live performance from singer-songwriter Hayes Carll.
- In-N-Out® Cookout Trailer will provide free burgers, chips, and sodas from 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
- Alchemy Pops will provide free pops for the first 150 attendees. Proceeds from popsicle sales will be donated.
- Shipping & Receiving will craft signature cocktails, and donate the sale proceeds.
- Prizes totaling $10,000 will be awarded to lucky nonprofits located in Tarrant County. You must register to attend Philanthro-PARTY by August 22th and be present during the event to win.
- Day-of-the-event, check-in for nonprofits starts at 5:00 pm.
- Parking is limited; Uber and Lyft are encouraged.
Your nonprofit organization must be registered for North Texas Giving Day through the Communities Foundation of Texas website.
Your nonprofit organization must also register for the Tarrant County PHILANTHRO-PARTY event to be eligible to win prize money distributed during the event. You must be present to win.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
We encourage your organization to bring banners, signs and collateral materials to promote your organization for Giving Day. Space to hang banners is available on a first come first serve basis. Due to space limitations, please DO NOT bring tents or large equipment. Also, please encourage your staff, board, and donors to come out and represent your nonprofit by wearing your organization’s colors or t-shirts.
Parking is available on the streets surrounding Shipping & Receiving. However, parking will be limited due to a portion of the street being closed for the event. We encourage you to carpool or use Uber or Lyft.
Communities Foundation of Texas’s (CFT) North Texas Giving Day is an online giving event designed to empower every person to give back to their community by supporting local nonprofits and causes they care about in one easy-to-use platform. North Texas Giving Day is the largest community-wide giving event in the nation! 20 counties in North Texas are eligible to participate.
The North Texas Community Foundation partners with CFT to celebrate Giving Day in Tarrant County. There are other regional events in Dallas, Denton, Arlington, Plano and Collin County. The North Texas Community Foundation will do our best to answer any questions about Giving Day you may have, but the best course of action is to visit: www.northtexasgivingday.org for detailed information about participating in North Texas Giving Day.
Yes! Only Tarrant County nonprofits registered to participate in North Texas Giving Day can register to attend the Tarrant County PHILANTHO-PARTY event. Registration for the Philanthro-PARTY will close on August 22th.
If you have an office location in and serve Tarrant County, but your headquarters is in another county, you can still register to attend the Tarrant County event.
There are several reasons why you must be registered for this event:
- Tarrant County nonprofits registered to attend are entered into a drawing for 5, $2000 grants from the North Texas Community Foundation. If you do not register, you will not be entered into the drawing.
- The event at Shipping & Receiving will be large and it’s important for us to know how many nonprofit attendees will be at the event.
- Our food and drink vendors need to know how many people to prepare for. If you do not register you will not be included in the food/drink count and will not be able to receive a food/drink ticket.
- Although a free event, it will sell-out. It’s important to register!
Registering is easy.
- Register with CFT to participate in North Texas Giving Day.
- All Tarrant County Giving Day registratans will receive an email from the North Texas Community Foundation.
- Open the email and click on the registration button.
Please do not forward the invite to additional staff or your board. We will send you a link on August 23th to share on your social media pages and email to additional staff, donors, and board members.
Due to the high volume of calls and emails about Giving Day and the Tarrant County event, online registration is strongly encouraged. If you do run into issues registering online, please email email@example.com. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible.
This event is to celebrate the efforts of Tarrant County nonprofits and support you with a strong lead as you head into Thursday, September 20th. We encourage you to bring banners, signs, and collateral materials to promote your organization to a new audience that is expected to be in attendance due to our event venue and live performance by Hayes Carll. Space to hang banners on the fence around the perimeter of the garden at Shipping & Receiving is available on a first come, first serve basis from 5:00-5:30pm. Bring zip ties to secure any banners. You are responsible for removing your banners at the end of the event. Please bring wire cutters or scissors to remove any items. Also, please encourage your staff members, donors, and board members to represent your organization by wearing your organization colors or t-shirts. Remember, this event is on the eve of North Texas Giving Day and NTGD gifts can be scheduled this year, so plan on being active on social media to help drive awareness and online giving. Make this part of your donor-centric communications plan.
Yes, we are excited to announce that the In-N-Out® Cookout Trailer will be serving every registered attendee a burger, a drink, and chips! Alchemy Pops will also be there with popsicles for purchase, with 20% of the evening proceeds being donated—but the first 150 attendees to check-in the day of the event will receive a free popsicle! Shipping & Receiving’s cash bar will feature a great beer selection and two signature cocktails, with a portion of the proceeds being donated at the end of the evening.
Yes, if the Eventbrite registration page has closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be registered with CFT to participate in Giving Day by 5:00 pm on August 15th and you have until 10:00 am on August 22th to register for the Philanthro-PARTY. If you have not registered with CFT to participate in Giving Day by 5:00pm on August 15th, please visit www.northtexasgivingday.org.
Download the North Texas Giving Day mobile app when you check-in at the event. Additional information on the app is coming soon so please stay tuned to our Facebook page for more details.
Also, on September 19th we will encourage attendees and supporters to schedule their giving leading up to the event at 5:30 and, will encourage guests to schedule giving up to the cut off of 11:59 pm on September 19th.