Join our Community Foundation team today!
View the job opportunities below and contact the appropriate staff member if you're interested.
Donor Services & Events Associate
The North Texas Community Foundation is in the top 10% of the 700+ Community Foundations in the U.S. As a community leader in philanthropy, we strive to increase the effectiveness, stewardship, and accountability of our sector while providing our fund holders with the services and support they need for success. We help to build a healthy, vibrant community through our leadership and funding to a broad group of organizations serving education, social service, health, religious and cultural needs of our community. The Community Foundation is located in downtown Fort Worth, and serves North Texas area philanthropists.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage a portfolio of Fund Holders
- Assist Director of Donor Services with implementation of donor focused strategies
- Research funding opportunities in donors’ interest areas
- Provide fund holder feedback on impact of their grants
- Promote and assist with facilitation of family meetings
- Arrange site visits
- Review incoming gifts, outgoing grants, and other relevant info for fund files
- Work with all departments to plan and execute logistics for all external-facing Foundation events using a client-based approach. Examples of events include: Foundation Annual Luncheon, Professional Advisor programs, Insights Series, Community Programs, Private Foundation Luncheons
- Responsible for calendar-of-events management
- Collaborate with marketing department on communications for events
- Work with senior staff to solicit and fulfill marketing sponsorship opportunities to benefit the Foundation
- Fill in where needed with answering phones, reviewing reports, data entry, filing, etc
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Two to three years’ experience coordinating special events
- Professional demeanor with positive attitude for interfacing with visitors, Board members and staff
- Ability to thrive in a lean, fast moving environment where adapting to change is necessary
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Past experience with nonprofit organizations preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, organized with attention to detail, and conscientious
- Accomplished communication and high level people skills and proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe, internet browsers
- The ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to: Vicki Andrews at email@example.com
For more information, visit our website www.northtexascf.org.
To view a PDF of this job description click here.
Executive Assistant to the President/CEO Job Description
Overview of the Position
The Executive Assistant directs the administration needs of the President/CEO and Board of Directors. This person will serve as a strategic partner to the President/CEO, assisting with activities that meet the Foundation’s goals and advance the mission. This position reports primarily to the President/CEO and secondarily to the CFO.
The ideal candidate will handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously. He/she will have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as liaison between Senior Staff and other constituencies, both internal and external. This position is well suited for the individual who has a positive attitude and a passion for improving our local community.
Office of the President/CEO
- Provide administrative and development support to the President/CEO
- Field questions on behalf of the President/CEO to facilitate efficient response to needs and issues both internal and external
- Provide professional support to the President/CEO in working with board of directors, committees, senior staff, donors, professional groups and other constituents
- Oversee National Standards accreditation (next deadline is 2023)
Board of Directors Liaison
- In partnership with President/CEO, coordinate/prepare all correspondence with board of directors
- Responsible for all aspects of full board and committee meetings; agenda, RSVPs, logistics
- Oversees annual compliance forms (Conflict of Interest, Committee Selection, etc.)
- Organizes all aspects of new board member orientation
- Maintains board policy book
- Manages contractor responsible for taking meeting minutes
- Responsible for managing job descriptions, posting open positions, vetting applications, coordinating Omnia process, coordinating onboarding and exit interviews
- Manage employee List of Accomplishments (LOA) data, staff calendar (in outlook and printed monthly calendar)
- Schedule and prepare documents for senior staff and full staff meetings
- Other duties as required for successful operation of the organization
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Education: a bachelor’s degree is preferred (but relevant work experience is considered); business, marketing, communications or other relevant field of study desired.
- 3-5 years experience as an executive assistant
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with others through authentic personal character and follow through on commitments
- Experience in supporting and communicating with executives and board of directors
- Experience with data management software and a thorough understanding of its importance and potential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Interpersonal, organizational, time management, and leadership skills
- An ongoing commitment to training in both areas of soft skills and technical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in handling confidential information and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Foundation in order to serve both internal and external customers
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Follows and supports Foundation policies and procedures
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to gain the confidence and respect of donors and professional advisors as well as community foundation colleagues
Send cover letter, resume and salary history and/or requirements to:
Rose Bradshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further NTxCF background information please visit: www.northtexascf.org.
To view a PDF of this job description click here.