Join our Community Foundation team today!
View the job opportunities below and contact the appropriate staff member if you're interested.
The North Texas Community Foundation is in the top 10% of the 700+ Community Foundations in the U.S. As a community leader in philanthropy, we strive to increase the effectiveness, stewardship, and accountability of our sector while providing our fund holders with the services and support they need for success. We help to build a healthy, vibrant community through our leadership and funding to a broad group of organizations serving education, social service, health, religious and cultural needs of our community. The Community Foundation is located in downtown Fort Worth and serves North Texas area philanthropists.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working both independently and as part of a small team, suggesting new ideas to senior leadership, and thinking critically. We’re looking for a mission-aligned self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment while juggling multiple projects and competing deadlines at once. A passion for promoting social good is critical.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Work with all departments to plan and execute logistics for all external-facing Foundation events using a client-based approach. Examples of events include: Foundation Annual Luncheon, Professional Advisor programs, Insights Series, Community Programs, Private Foundation Luncheons.
• Identify and manage vendors for all events. This includes securing venues, catering, décor, printing, and A/V as needed to support internal and external events for multiple audiences.
• Work with the client/staff to develop the program and desired outcomes of the event.
• Responsible for calendar-of-events management, budgeting event costs, RSVP, registration, and onsite organization.
• Collaborate with marketing department on communications for events, and collateral materials.
Philanthropic Services Support:
• Provides administrative support to the Executive Staff which includes drafting correspondence, data entry, research, answering of telephone calls, meeting preparation and management, filing and scheduling.
• Prepares reports, collateral, and materials for Executive Staff members to present and utilize in meetings.
• Works with Executive Staff as needed to ensure meeting follow-up and action items are completed.
• Responsible for entering data in FIMS (eventually Raiser’s Edge) that tracks staff members’ progress against goals and tracks fundholders, prospects and professional advisor’s contact information, proposals, relationships, individual actions, biographical information, communication and philanthropic preferences.
• Conducts research on prospective donors and advisors, using online and database research tools.
• Conducts research on grant opportunities for fundholders using online and database research tools.
• As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of NTxCF.
• Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Two to three years’ experience coordinating special events
• Professional demeanor with a positive attitude for interfacing with visitors, Board members and staff
• Dependable, arriving on time to work with the drive to get the job done in an accurate and timely manner
• Ability to thrive in a lean, fast moving environment where adapting to change is necessary
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Past experience with nonprofit organizations preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed, organized with attention to detail, and conscientious
• Accomplished communication and high-level people skills and proven ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, internet browsers
• The ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation
• High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to: Vicki Andrews at email@example.com