Join our Community Foundation team today!
View the job opportunities below and contact the appropriate staff member if you're interested.
The North Texas Community Foundation is a nonprofit, public charity established in 1981 by local community leaders. We are a collection of more than 250 different charitable funds totaling over $280 million in assets, each separately accounted for, and each with its own design and purpose.
We strive to strengthen the community through civic leadership and to encourage philanthropy by providing community knowledge and reliable stewardship to those who wish to fulfill their charitable goals in a meaningful way—either during or beyond their lifetimes. Our vision is to lead and inspire powerful and rewarding philanthropy that improves the quality of life and the prosperity of our region.
The Finance Associate plays a key role in the financial management of the Community Foundation. The position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and requires an interest in finance with strong bookkeeping experience.
The Role of Finance Associate
NTXCF is seeking a permanent, full-time Finance Associate. The position is responsible for various accounting, financial reporting and analysis, and records management. The position provides competitive compensation, retirement, vacation and sick time, life and long-term disability insurance. The ideal candidate possesses the following nonprofit accounting experience:
• Process and account for daily cash receipts, bank deposits
• Accounts payable
• Reconcile bank accounts
• Monthly reconciliation of investment accounts
• Assist in monthly financial statement preparation
• Investment Committee coordination including meeting preparation, minutes, follow-up, etc.
• Assist in preparation of annual audit and tax schedules
• General ledger and subsidiary ledger reconciliation
Skills and Competencies
• Must have a high level of integrity. Will have access to confidential information.
• Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate financial records and reports in a timely manner.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Has knowledge and understanding of accounting process and impact on financial statements.
• Bachelor degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
• Full charge bookkeeping experience a plus.
• Experience in a non-profit environment a plus.
• Experience in an integrated financial database a plus.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resume should include job experience, educational background and software experience.
For more information about the North Texas Community Foundation, visit www.NorthTexasCF.org.
Executive Assistant to the President/CEO Job Description
Overview of the Position
The Executive Assistant leads and directs the administration needs of the President/CEO, Senior Staff and Board of Directors. He/she is also responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the human resources and operations functions. This person will serve as a strategic partner to the President/CEO, assisting with activities that meet the Foundation’s goals and advance the mission. This position reports primarily to the President/CEO and secondarily to the CFO.
The ideal candidate will handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously. He/she will have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as liaison between Senior Staff and other constituencies, both internal and external. Work at the North Texas Community Foundation is well suited for the individual who has a positive attitude and a passion for improving our local community.
Office of the President/CEO
- Provide all administrative support to the President/CEO
- Field questions on behalf of the President/CEO to facilitate efficient response to needs and issues both internal and external
- Provide professional support to the President/CEO in working with board of directors, committees, senior staff, donors, professional groups and other constituents
- Oversees National Standards accreditation (next deadline is 2023)
Board of Directors
- In partnership with President/CEO, coordinates/prepares all correspondence with board of directors
- Responsible for all aspects of full board and committee meetings; agenda, RSVPs, logistics
- Oversees annual compliance forms (Conflict of Interest, Committee Selection, etc)
- Organizes all aspects of new board member orientation
- Maintains board policy book
- Manages contractor responsible for taking meeting minutes
- Responsible for managing job descriptions, posting open positions, vetting applications, coordinating Omnia process, onboarding and exit interviews
- With the direction of senior staff, schedule all staff reviews
- Manage the scheduling of vacations
- Manage employee List of Accomplishments (LOA) data, staff calendar (in outlook and printed monthly calendar)
- Schedule and prepare documents for senior staff and full staff meetings
- Coordinate staffing for reception area
- Supervise office management related to all supply procurement
- Maintain organization policies and procedures
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Education: a bachelor’s degree is required; business, marketing, communications or other relevant field of study desired.
- 3-5 years experiences as an executive assistant
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with others through authentic personal character and follow through on commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in supporting and communicating with executives and board of directors
- Experience with data management software and a thorough understanding of its importance and potential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Interpersonal, organizational, time management, and leadership skills
- An ongoing commitment to training in both areas of soft skills and technical skills to maintain current skills and knowledge
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Foundation in order to serve both internal and external customers
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Follows and supports Foundation policies and procedures
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to gain the confidence and respect of donors and professional advisors as well as community foundation colleagues
- Experience in handling confidential information and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send cover letter, resume and salary history and/or requirements to:
Rose Bradshaw at email@example.com
For further NTxCF background information please visit: www.northtexascf.org