WORTH: The Next Generation of Philanthropists
Become a member of WORTH today.
WORTH is a group of informed givers making a collective impact through experiential grantmaking. Every year young professionals ages 23-40 learn about needs in the community, choose a focus area, review proposals from nonprofits working in that space, and collectively decide which organization to fund. After making a grant, members follow up with a site visit to the nonprofit(s) they funded.
Members join WORTH by making a $250 annual donation to the WORTH Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation. In return for the members’ donation, four private investors have provided dollar-for-dollar matching, up to $40,000 per year, for members to grant at their discretion.
WORTH members have granted more than $91,000 to-date to seven local nonprofits. By combining donations, the group’s members achieve greater charitable impact.
2018-19 Focus Area: Homelessness
WORTH members designated homelessness as the grant focus for 2018-19 and accepted funding requests from nonprofits with annual budgets of under $1 million that provide services to people who are experiencing homelessness in Tarrant County. After reviewing proposals, WORTH members awarded $19,500 to the Leg Up Program and Arlington Charities, Inc.
September 27, 2018 • WORTH Kick-Off Party
October 25, 2018 • WORTHlearning Educational Event
January 24, 2019 • WORTHdeliberating
March 2019 • WORTHcelebrating & Site Visit
To view event photos visit our WORTH Facebook page.
What does WORTH do?
- Increases the impact of individual donors by awarding grants through a collaborative process.
- Familiarizes a younger generation with the philanthropic process by seeking to attract, educate and nurture effective and on-going philanthropic leadership.
Who governs WORTH?
- WORTH members make all grant decisions on which charities will benefit from their collective gift. A Steering Committee has been formed to plan and steer membership.
- Oversight is handled by the North Texas Community Foundation
Why invest in WORTH?
- Shared commitment to the community – you will directly improve and strengthen North Texas now and in the future.
- Leadership – the organization is guided by professionals who are connected, accomplished and inspiring.
- Creating a voice for the Next Generation – building a WORTH endowment ensures our region’s young leaders have a seat at the table to address community issues.
What are membership dues?
There are many different ways you can be involved with WORTH. On our JOIN WORTH payment form you have four options to choose from, which are explained below.
- Individual Membership: An individual membership is $250 for the year. You can make one payment of $250 online or choose to make 4 consecutive monthly payments of $62.50.
- Couple Membership: A couple membership is $400 for the year. You can make one payment of $400 online or choose to make 4 consecutive monthly payments of $100. Please only choose couple membership if you are legally married for tax purposes at the end of the year.
- Sponsor A Member: An individual (mentor, boss, parent, etc.) or business can sponsor one or more young professionals interested in joining the group.
- Make A Gift: Anyone that believes in WORTH’s mission can make a donation to the WORTH Fund at the North Texas Community Foundation.
Contact Garrett March at email@example.com or call 817.877.0702 for questions regarding WORTH or becoming a member.
2018-19 Steering Committee
WORTH Blog Posts
The Power of Collective Giving
By Jake Richter, Financial Advisor at Edward Jones
WORTH Member Since 2015
How Can All Generations Get Involved in Charitable Giving?
By Sean Evans, Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch
WORTH Steering Committee Member
What’s WORTH it? #NextGenPhilanthropy
By North Texas CF Staff
Why Giving Back and Philanthropy Matters in Fort Worth
By Ann Lopez, Attorney at Benenati Law Firm, PC
WORTH Steering Committee Member
Thank you to our investors Meta Alice Keith Bratten Foundation, The Hodges Fund, Huckabee Community Excellence Fund and Higginbotham Community Fund!