North Texas Community Foundation announces $155,000 in funding through the Child Welfare Fund.
In 2021, there were 6,511 confirmed victims of child abuse or neglect in Tarrant County. The recent grants from the Child Welfare Fund provide two-year general operations support to organizations serving these children and their families. Two nonprofits were awarded funding by a grant committee comprised of local child welfare and nonprofit experts.
“All children deserve to grow up in secure, positive and healthy environments that allow them to reach their full potential. NTCF is pleased to support organizations that are strengthening services for our community’s children and their caregivers,” said Rose Bradshaw, president & CEO of North Texas Community Foundation.
The 2022 grantees are CASA of Tarrant County and NewDay Services for Children and Families.
“The grants committee helped steward the funds of Community Foundation donors interested in supporting vulnerable youth. They evaluated applicants’ leadership, programmatic impact, and finances and selected two organizations to receive funding that are transforming the lives of children and families who are in the CPS system,” said Garrett March, associate director of community impact at North Texas Community Foundation.
The grants committee included:
- Stacia Barrett, LCSW – Social Worker, Grand Prairie ISD
- Corinne Fiagome, M.P.P. – Senior Consultant, Project Partners, Inc.
- Daren Jones – Associate Director of Training & Consultation Services, Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development at TCU
- Alexandra MacMartin, CPA – Audit Senior, Sutton Frost Cary
- Armando Martinez, LPC – Therapist, Private Practice
Grants from the Child Welfare Fund are made possible thanks to the generous support from the following Community Foundation donors and endowed funds:
- Bob and Betty Crow Fund
- Don & Barbara Kirk Endowment Fund
- Si and Buck Martin Legacy Fund
- Lisa and Burch Waldron Charitable Fund
- The Sharon Ann McCulloch-Wells and John W. Wells Endowed Fund
- Hazel Vaughn Leigh – Youth/Discretionary Fund
- Martin H. And Helen M. Wikierak Memorial Fund for Abused Children
- Youth Assistance Fund
“CASA of Tarrant County is extremely grateful to be the recipient of a Child Welfare Grant from North Texas Community Foundation. This grant will allow CASA to expand advocacy that is vital to the children in foster care, to make sure their needs are met while in care, continue contact with their family of origin, and work to obtain permanent plans to get them out of foster care as quickly as possible,” said Don Binnicker, MSSW, chief executive officer at CASA of Tarrant County.
“A Texas-Sized Thank You to North Texas Community Foundation for such a generous gift that will touch more people than we will ever know; like ripples in a pond spreading out to North Texas and beyond,” continued President & CEO of NewDay Services for Children and Families, Dr. John Gremmels.