The North Texas Community Foundation offers multiple opportunities for donors to make an impact on the region’s most pressing needs. Each quarter we update different opportunities for our fundholders to volunteer in the community.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR FAMILIES OR GROUPS
Alliance for Children
Purpose: To protect Tarrant County children from child abuse through teamed investigations, healing services, and community education.
1. Help organize and pick up donations during events.
2. During Back-to-School donate backpacks for children receiving care.
3. Purchase Christmas gifts for children and siblings receiving care.
Contact: Jamie Harton | email@example.com | 817.348.1115
Community Crossroads Outreach Center
Purpose: Helping our neighbors through Hospitality, Advocacy, Nurture and Dignity.
1. “Birthday Bags for our Neighbors”: Decorate a brown paper bag adding in newly purchased cake mix, icing, small bottle of oil, etc.
2. Sack Lunches: pack and distribute.
3. Prepare coffee at the center, arrange bakery items, greet, serve neighbors.
Contact: Dori Davis | Ddavis@fpcfw.org | 817.921.3955
Cuisine for Healing
Purpose: Committed to making nutritious, delicious food readily available to people combating life-threatening diseases, while providing education about the power of healthy food to help the body in the healing process.
1. Package/Bag Meals per instructions for delivery/client pickup.
2. Chop Veggies for meals prepped on Tuesdays.
Contact: Sherry Segars | firstname.lastname@example.org | 817.921.2377
Purpose: With the right people, environment, and programming, Girls Inc. girls are empowered to set high expectations and succeed.
1. Create a Positivity Jar with notes to be shared with a member.
2. Write encouraging cards for members.
3. Gather & donate items for member care bags.
Contact: Valerie Salter | email@example.com | 817.295.1050
Fortress Youth Development Center
Purpose: Igniting a brighter future for urban youth by engaging them today and equipping them for tomorrow.
1. Pray daily for a member with occasional specific prayer request.
2. Prepare and serve a meal to members.
3. Drive for books (spring) and school supplies (fall) that can be gathered and dropped off at Fortress.
Contact: Ethan Weber | firstname.lastname@example.org | 817.335.1007
The Welman Project
Purpose: Connects schools and nonprofits with the community in ways that ignitecreativity, environmental activism, and social responsibility.
1. Volun-CHEER Days (typically Saturdays) helping with organizing donated furniture (children 9 & up).
2. Donation of used furniture (speak with Vanessa to determine current needs).
3. Tailgate Back to School Event volunteers needed for event August.
Contact: Vanessa Barker | Vanessa@thewelmanproject.org | 617.271.9593
Community Food Bank
Purpose: Feeding Families, Feeding Hope.
1. Sorting canned food.
2. Inspecting and packing boxes.
3. Special packaging and distribution for community partners.
Contact: Karen Harris | email@example.com | 817.924.3333
Tarrant Area Food Bank
Purpose: Empowering communities to eliminate hunger by providing food, education and resources through innovation and collaboration.
1. Offsite Food Distribution with Partner Agencies or assist families in selecting fresh fruits & vegetables in a farmers market setting.
2. Onsite Food Packaging: sort, inspect and pack nutritious food for hungry children, families and seniors.
3. Community Garden: plant and harvest produce, help with garden maintenance and work on other special projects.
Contact: Angela Martin | firstname.lastname@example.org | 817.875.7101
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS
AB Christian Learning Center
Purpose: To provide tools necessary for every student to have an equal opportunity to achieve a quality education and become a well adjusted contributing member of society.
1. Homework help & afterschool tutoring.
2. Teaching participants life skills or providing cultural enrichment lessons.
Contact: Loretta Burns | email@example.com | 817.295.1050
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Purpose: To develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
1. Community-Based Mentoring: traditional BBBS partnership.
2. School/Site Based Program: matched with nearby local school/afterschool program.
3. Mentor2.0: targeting high school students.
Contact: Cassy Rodriguez | firstname.lastname@example.org | 817.791.5195
Center for Transforming Lives
Purpose: To strengthen communities by connecting and engaging nonprofits and other stakeholders through leadership, management expertise and outcomes technology.
1. Transforming Lives Ambassador: introducing new people to work & mission of the Center through a tour of facility.
2. Learning Team: assisting child development center classrooms.
3. Financial Empowerment Coach: providing guidance for participants.
Contact: Kathleen Brozgold | email@example.com | 817.332.6191
Community Hospice of Texas
Purpose: Committed to increasing access to hospice care, providing community education and outreach, offering special programs that enhance quality of life, and activism in local, state, and national healthcare and hospice organization.
1. Assisting at health fairs and conferences with community outreach.
2. Offer support for families through phone calls and cards.
3. Visit with patients offering friendship and companionship while proving needed respite time for caregivers.
Contact: Ashley Winfield | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1.800.226.0373
Diamond Hill North Side Youth Association
Purpose: To foster physical and intellectual development of our youth, as well as engage kids in leadership, sportsmanship, self-respect, and life enrichment.
1. Spring and Fall Football: Volunteer referees and player safety coaches.
2. Winter Basketball: volunteer coaches.
3. Outreach Events: volunteers needed as ambassadors for programs.
Contact: Roxanne Martinez | email@example.com | 817.296.6586
Purpose: To promote peace through physical, emotional, and spiritual support for terminally ill children and adults and their families.
1. Service area support: assisting with Last Dream coordination and family follow up.
2. Assisting annual bulk mailings.
Contact: Elizabeth Miller | Elizabeth@project4301.org | 817.653.8976
ACH Child & Family Services
Purpose: Dedicated to helping children, youth and families in our community overcome life’s challenges.
1. L.I.F.E. Mentors: promotes self-confidence and self-sufficiency for youth aging out of foster care system.
Contact: Kate Faggella-Luby | kate.faggella-luby@ACHservices.org | 817.566.1619
Meals on Wheels
Purpose: To promote the dignity and independence of older adults, persons with disabilities, and other homebound persons by delivering nutritious meals and providing or coordinating needed service.
1. Delivery Route Volunteer: delivers the same route on a specific day each week or when regular is not available.
2. Meal Distribution Site Greeter: set up the meals and ensure that all meals are picked up by the volunteer drivers.
3. Donate ready-to-eat foods or food items that are easy to prepare.
Contact: Jennifer Flynn | firstname.lastname@example.org | 817-258-6439