2018-2020 Cycle: Building Nonprofit Capacity
to Combat Poverty in Our Neighborhoods
ToolBox grants provide Tarrant County-based nonprofit organizations with capacity building grants to improve their strength and stability. Capacity building projects address organizational effectiveness, leadership development, or operational efficiency, and are intended to be one-time, transformative investments. ToolBox grants do not fund programs or general operations.
Recent City of Fort Worth research, coupled with the Community Foundation’s report, Growing Up in North Texas, highlights the many ways in which multi-dimensional poverty (e.g. scarcity in education, health, income and employment) impacts local families. Specific neighborhoods in our community are disproportionately affected by the compounding impacts of poverty. ToolBox grants will help nonprofits build capacity to strengthen the people and places in Tarrant County’s most challenged neighborhoods.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations located in Tarrant County
- Neighborhood associations in target neighborhoods (must have a nonprofit fiscal sponsor)
Nonprofit Focus Areas
- Health (physical or mental)
- Community Enrichment (arts, culture, beautification, etc)
- Small organizations (Budget under $200K) $2,500-$7,500
- Large organizations (Budget over $200K) $7,500-$15,000
- Neighborhood associations (Budget under $20K) $500-$1,000
Note: The request for ToolBox funding should represent 50-100% of the total cost of the project. See FAQ for further information.
- Projects must address:
- Organizational effectiveness
- Leadership development
- Operational efficiency
- Projects must be linked to the organization’s capacity to make a significant difference in one or more of the target neighborhoods
- Click the link below to read the full RFP for examples of eligible capacity building projects and additional information
February 14 – Nonprofit orientation at Fort Worth Central Library 1PM-2:30PM
February 28 – Deadline to submit Letter of Intent
March 9 – NTxCF invites finalists to submit full proposal
April 6 – Proposal deadline
April 19 – Award notification
April 26 – ToolBox Celebration
Giving Our Children the Tools to Succeed
The focus of the 2014-2016 cycle was the early learning sector. These grants allowed organizations to provide high-quality early learning opportunities to the children of Tarrant County. Through this investment, the North Texas Community Foundation aimed to improve outcome for children and produce lasting benefits for our community.